Thursday 30 August 2012

So long summer and September sewing plans

Well today is the last day of my summer holidays.  The five and a half weeks have gone quickly despite some days dragging on and on.  The children are looking forward to seeing their friends once back in school next week.  I too am looking forward to seeing my friends at school - oh how I have missed adult conversations!

A spot of sewing took place yesterday, a new pump bag and lots of name labels - a sure sign that the holidays are coming to an end.

September usually is busy with school work, settling back into old routines whilst sorting out a new class of children with evenings taken up with the usual teacher tasks of marking, planning and preparing.  Sewing normally takes a back seat at this point but this year I'm going to make time for me and my sewing machine.

My September sewing plan includes quilting the 'Little Apples' quilt for my eldest.  I've promised to get it finished for her birthday at the end of the month.

Other projects that I want to have a go at over the Autumn months are:

1) New quilt for our bed - I have 6 yards of Primativa for this project in the purple colourway.


Not sure what pattern or style - I might just keep it simple and do squares or a brick wall effect.

2) Scrap quilt - possibly a Spiderweb - this would be an ongoing project.  My scraps are building up and I love the look of these string quilts.

3) I still want to do a Swoon quilt - maybe a single massive swoon block?  This has October half term written all over it!  I just need to decide on the fabrics but I'm definitely doing a swoon.

Not too many things on the to do list, I could add a whole lot more if I put my mind to it. 

This summer I've loved doing the BQS3 (posting my mini tomorrow!) and so maybe I might look around for another swap to do as I think a couple of smaller projects would be managable as well as the planned pieces.

Back soon - promise!








No comments: