Monday 6 August 2012

Moving on....

I've moved on to my next project, straight after the Delilah quilt was done and dusted.  No time to waste, lots of projects to get done during the summer holidays which is good as it's the only time I really get to do any sewing during the day time.  Most of my sewing is done late at night when the kids are in bed and when I've finished my school work.  So this week it's been all about sneaking an hour or 2 whilst the kids have been busying themselves during the day.

So what have I been working on.....well another quilt, who would have guessed!  This one is a super secret sewing mission.  My husband turns 40 at the beginning of September and so this is for him.  In the winter I often find him snuggled under one of the girl's quilts, usually a really small one and many, many times I have asked him if he would like a quilt of his own.  The answer is usually no.  But then the following night he'll be found under a girly quilt.


I've gone with Sweetwater's Reunion fabric from Moda - manly enough for the husband but also colourful enough for me!  The plan is lots of different blocks sashed in a mid grey (bit darker than Kona Ash).  This lot started out as a charm pack, scrap pack and 2 yards of solid. 


I'm really enjoying piecing the blocks in different ways and am going a bit improv with this as I haven't planned one bit of it.  I'm sure it'll work out.  I think.


The plan is to have all of the blocks made by the end of tonight.  Once done I'll work on a final layout ready to stitch together next week so I can move on to making my Brit Quilt 3 Swap quilt - lots of ideas about this one and one I will plan out before randomly stitching away.


Oh and then there are new PE bags to be made, another birthday quilt for the end of August.  Looks like I'm going to be busy!

No comments: