Tuesday 28 August 2012

1 reunion, 2 reunion....

Reunion 1 - the husband is back from his 5 days away celebrating his 40th at the Reading Music Festival.  He needs a bath, some decent food and some sleep - proof if any is needed that he is now TOO OLD to do it again (I hope).

Reunion 2 - the 40th birthday quilt is now finished.  Quilting done over the weekend and binding hand sewn on late last night.  I quilted round some of the squares - in no particular order, pretty random really and a couple of rows either side of the main seams going across the quilt.  To be honest I was wrestling with it trying to get it quilted on my standard machine......perhaps I should ask Santa to buy me one of these

It measures a full single bed size - approx 70 x 85 inches, so it should be big enough for the husband to sit underneath on a winter's night or early morning. 

So photo overload here we go:








The backing is a stripe bought from Seamstar and matched perfectly with the colours in the Reunion line, plus I added a little of the jumping jacks print, nothing to do with me not having enough of the stripe, no not at all.  Binding was the date print from the range - my favourite I think. 

Ready for the wash and then the wrapping paper.

No comments: