Friday 24 August 2012

BQS 3 - complete :o)


All done and dusted, ready to head to the Post Office next week.  A little bit of playing around with the final placements of my HSTs and then the quilting/backing/binding saw this one completed.  For the backing I chose a piece from my It's a hoot stash and then went with the turquoise mini butterfly print from the Just wing it collection.  I think it looks good, but then again I might be a tad biased.




A little bit more sewing of a matching pin cushion and a whizz through my stash to put together a little scrap pack - I hope my partner likes it.  It measures 18" square and has been simply quilted with straight lines, picking out some of the shapes in the block.  After spending hours trying to figure out what my partner would like from her mosaic I finally decided on a Lynnebobsquarepants.  The individual squares measure 3".

I can't wait to find out what my partner has made for me - I've been online looking at lots of minis that have been made and I've seen loads that I like with a couple that might be for me.  Guess I'll just have to be patient and wait and see!

1 comment:

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

It looks really gorgeous, Kerry, lucky partner! Thanks for sharing :)