Sunday 6 February 2011

Tweeting





Ages ago - well last August really - I fell for Moda's Tweet Tweet range by Keiki. Determind to make a quilt for Digby (eldest daughter) I started off by purchasing a charm pack. We waited patiently for said charm pack to arrive and then carefully (me) and not so carefully (her) set about picking out our favourite prints.

I added 6 half yards to the charm pack and began to piece a central panel during the first week of the school summer hols.

Then due to a big bout of illness by Stingo (youngest daughter) the quilt was put on hold. Digby continued to pester but then forgot all about having a new quilt.



Several months have passed, illnesses banished, bedrooms re-decorated and the Tweet Tweet quilt still remained just a charm pack strip pieced. That is until this weekend!!!



That determination I had back in August 2010 re-appeared and 'Hey Presto' what do you know but I finally finished the quilt top yesterday. A spot of straight line (actually no where near straight if I'm honest) quilting today and it is almost complete, just need to hand sew the binding.





No comments: