Monday 17 January 2011

Patricia Bravo Quilt



For the past couple of weeks I've been working on this simple brick wall quilt using Patricia Bravo fabrics from the 'Dreaming in French' range. I started out not really knowing what I would do with the fabric (except use them for something for ME!) but settled on a very straight forward design as I'm fairly new to this quilt making malarkey.

I settled down and consulted many, many blogs in the hope that I too could produce a stunning piece of patchwork. In fact I think I spent far too long 'researching' and probably not enough time practising new skills that need polishing.

Don't look too closely as I'm sure you'll see that my stitching is a bit wobbly, the corners are not perfectly mitred and to be honest I don't think it'll win any quilt making prizes. BUT I made it for me and I love it!*

* And so does the cat, he's asleep on it right now.

No comments: