Friday 25 February 2011

Play time

I'd like to say that my absence from here is due to me having lots of time to play with my new toy, but unfortunately it isn't, just down to normal family and working life. I did manage to steal an hour or 2 to grasp the basics of the Janome, under close supervision of Digby who kept on requesting which stitch to try next. I must admit I think I am a little bit in love with it already and I haven't even managed to break open the wrapping on the quilters kit yet!

Since buying this beauty I have been banished, well when I say banished, what I actually mean is my sewing machines, cutting mat, general sewing bits and pieces and a small mountain of fabric.
For the past 6 months or so I've been sewing away happily in the comfort of our bedroom but the husband has requested that I move it all back into the spare room aka 'The sewing room'. Hardly banishment but I will miss the great light and the space our bedroom offers for general stitchery and machine fun. Wish me luck in organising my controlled chaos over the next few days.

No comments: