Tuesday 8 February 2011

A rug for my mug



I've seen loads of these little mug rugs around blogland recently but haven't had the inclination (or time) to make one - until yesterday. It only took me around an hour or so - with a little bit of 'help' from a smallish child.


Digby helped by choosing some scraps for the bunting from my scrappy bag. Her only wish was for the bright yellow binding that I had lurking in the bottom of my sewing box. A piece of leftover white and a bit of batting later, along with a touch of hand quilting, and it was finished - just in time to put the kettle on.


Inspiration was from here. It gave me an opportunity to try to perfect perfectly mitred corners and binding sewing. I'm not going to show either of those off on here though - lets just say I need more practice!





No comments: