Friday 4 March 2011

Cat. Hat.


Cat. Hat. as my youngest likes to call it, but to the rest of us Dr Seuss' The Cat in the Hat! It's one of our favourite books and since spending a wet week in Wales in a caravan in October, it's THE all time fave family film. Sad I know, but we can quote most of the lines. If one of us says the immortal line 'It's a what???' the reply is always 'A cupcakenator!' (And that's just the adults)

So when this line of fabric came out I knew that I had to get my mitts on some. I've had it for a couple of weeks and have spent most days stroking and looking at it, wondering what to do with it and generally trying to keep my children away from it!

I bought 8 FQ's, one yard and a panel from here.

I've pretty much decided to keep it simple so that my girls can see all of the prints in detail, rather than chopping them up too much. Apart from that I don't have a real plan, hopefully some sewing time this weekend should change that. I've spent a bit of time mooching around blogs and flickr looking at what others have done too, probably spent far too much time on 'research', yet again.

Step. Away. From. The. Computer!

No comments: