Friday 11 March 2011

Stash building


After reading various blogs it seems to me that there are a lot of people on a self induced fabric diet out there at the moment, obviously borne from new year's resolutions. I know that there is some research out there that states that people usually abandon all promises by mid January, February if they're truely hardcore.
I for one am not on a fabric diet of any kind, in fact it is one of my resolutions to build my stash this year. So much so, that when my eldest spotted a pink parcel arriving with the postie the other day she said 'Not more material!'. It seems that she doesn't quite have the same enthusiasm for fabric as I do.
These half yards were bought from here. They are by Jessica Levitt for Windham fabrics and they were on sale for a mere £2.50 per half yard. Bargain. Enough said.
A spot of Saturday sewing last weekend and one Cat in the Hat quilt top is complete - no photos as yet because if I'm being brutally honest I'm not 100% pleased with it. I need to re-evaluate it and make some minor improvements. The youngest loves it though, but she is only 2 and wants her Cat.Hat 'garlic' (blanket). So back to the sewing machine.

No comments: