Tuesday 29 March 2011

Wonky blocks


Wow, more than a week gone since my last post! I had all the best intentions of blogging before now but they went well and truely out of the window. Infact last week is somewhat of a blur.


But I can say that the Cat in the Hat quilt is finished and Stingo is a very happy little girl now that she has her 'garlic' (??? - I really don't understand why she says this instead of blanket, two year olds, huh!) Still no photos as it seems to be permanently attached to her bed, which it is a perfect size for despite me not measuring anything or having a plan to work from. Beginners luck you might say.


Some more time for sewing at the weekend meant that I could start another quilt for the eldest. I bought some Patty Young 'Playdate' last year and have been hiding it in my stash unsure of what to do with it. Then a small splurge on some more FQs in the same range last month and a stumble upon this and hey presto - wonky blocks!


To be honest I made a schoolboy (or girl) error and made my blocks far too wonky so instead of them being 16.5 x 16.5 I could only manage 12 x 12 blocks. Lots of scraps which are big enough to piece together will make for an interesting back. I'm using Kona solids in crocus for the sashing and backing. Digby is pretty excited at the prospect of this quilt, at least it should tie in with the colour scheme of her bedroom this time.

Changing the subject slightly, Justine is having a giveaway. Check it out. I so want to win this one!


No comments: