Sunday, 3 April 2011

At last!

Here is the proof that I did manage to complete the Dr Seuss quilt, as if you ever doubted me ;o)

Big blocks with smaller pieces from the panel at the bottom. This layout certainly looks a whole lot better than the first time I did it. A quick rearrangement of the panel pieces and making the quilt a block wider seems to have worked wonders for it, and also for my sanity - I really, truely did not like what I had done and was beginning to doubt my own creativity.

Backed in a plain bright yellow cotton purchased from my local fabric shop and some similar coloured binding. I quilted in straight-ish lines across the whole width of the quilt either side of the seams. The wadding is slightly thicker than I was anticipating - again bought from the local shop - not sure that I will be using it again to be honest but it does give the quilt quite a nice feel.

But the main thing is that it is being used and is fit for purpose as the top photo shows.

No comments: