Wednesday 6 April 2011

WIP Wednesday




Here is my latest WIP, a baby quilt for my friend. I've been working on this since Sunday when I initially sorted the charm pack on the dining room table. Since then the top has been pieced, a scrappy piece added to the backing fabric and strips cut ready to be made into binding. The quilt is now sitting on my machine, already half quilted! I normally don't work so quickly, not that I can't but sewing sometimes has to take a back seat to normal family life and working almost full time.


The fabrics were chosen by my friend. She told me that she had bought some squares for a 'patchwork blanket' and then asked me if I could turn them into a quilt. When I found out that she had bought Moda's 'It's a hoot by Momo' I was so excited as I've been wanting to get my hands on some for ages now.


Together we headed for Seamstar to buy the co-ordinating prints and solid for the backing. I must say that Courtney offers a truely great service with a wide range of stock for all your quilting/sewing needs (No, I haven't been paid to say that - it's my honest opinion!).


Hopefully the quilt will be finished in the next couple of days. I'm making my own binding this time round, a first for me, so I'm off to read some more tutorials before I do.


No comments: