Saturday 30 March 2013

Orbit top complete!



It's done!

This morning I waved my 3 off on a bike ride and so without anyone in the house to pester I managed to finish off the Orbit quilt top.

I already have some Amy Butler solid in periwinkle and one a couple of yards of the periwinkle print for the back but I'm out of wadding unless I use up all my scraps and  that 'heat and press batting together' tape.  I'll probably just wait until after the weekend and get some ordered.

The different prints work well, even that Lotus spot, and I'm happy with the result.  I now just need to work out how to quilt it.  I was thinking of a spiral as I've never done that before and I am hopeless at FMQ.  Failing that I will probably do what I do best.....wonky straight lines.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

looks fab!!!!

Yorkshire Quilter said...

It's lovely - well done! I've got some AB stashed in readiness for a Swoon, but it would work well as an orbit too ;)

I think it needs to quilted in a spiral, especially with it being an orbit quilt.........