Sunday 24 March 2013

Next....

This weekend I have managed to bind my Primitiva quilt and so found myself without a project (apart from the ongoing Swoon).  This needed immediately rectifying so I headed onto the t'interweb for some inspiration.

And soon I found this.  Quickly, I ran upstairs to the sewing room to see if I had any fabric in my stash which would be suitable and sure enough I did.  About 2 years ago when I started to sew again and was just beginning to find my way around blogs and online shops I bought 20 FQs of Amy Butler's Love collection.  If I remember rightly I got a random selection in a sale.  But sure enough some of them were duplicates and so I had some half yards.  This meant that I could go down the original supply route not the scrappy route on the pattern.

 
 
A little helper decided to get involved in the sorting and even loaned me her crayons so that I could do the colour by numbers planning sheet.  She loves 'helping', usually pressing the buttons on my sewing machine when I don't want her to!
 



Although I had 20 FQs unfortunately there was only 4 half yards in different prints and so the 3rd from the left on the top row isn't AB Love but something from the stash which is a pretty good match.  The bonus is that I even have a couple of yards of the periwinkle print and matching solid for the backing.  All I need to do now is get cutting.

This one is going to be for me.

No comments: