Sunday, 28 April 2013
Going round and around
The Orbit quilt has been quilted in a spiral, first time that I have ever tried something other than straight lines. The centre was an absolute bugger to do but once the whole of the quilt wasn't being forced through a standard domestic machine throat it did seem to get a little bit easier.
Initially I planned on using my walking foot guide to ensure that the spiral was quilted evenly but it had other ideas and so I did my best to keep the lines about 1.5 inches apart. On the whole I managed it.
The binding has just been machined on and later today will be hand stitched to the back and finished. Then into the washer and dryer and ready for me to use.