Sunday 12 May 2013

I've been a busy bee.....honest

OK so it's been a couple of weeks since I've blogged but that doesn't mean that there hasn't been any sewing action going on around these parts.

The orbit quilt is finished and being used (no photo as proof - you'll just have to take my word for it!).

I took delivery of my Big shot after it has held captive by UPS for a couple of days.  Apparently they couldn't find my house, well Mr Royal Mail postie finds us everyday, we're not even off the beaten track, just down a driveway inbewteen 2 other houses!  I had words with them and with a bit of help from googlemaps they managed the delivery!

 
 
When ordering it I went for a couple of dies, the tumbler and a half triangle die, I think 4.5".  A couple of practice runs at using scraps and left over charms just to see what it did and I am smitten. 
 
 
The tumbler was put into action to create a cushion for the youngest to match her sherbet pips quilt.  Whilst I was at it the eldest requested a Cat in the hat cushion, which I even tried a bit of FMQ on - it's not that good but I guess an 8 year old won't mind.
 
Instagram pic
 
 
But my productivity doesn't stop there!
 
 
May sees the first month of the x and + bee that I joined a while back.  Patti has done a great job in organising 23 of us.  My month is February, which at the moment seems a long way off but I am so looking forward to it.  Yesterday I cracked on with making blocks for the May queens, Nicky and Mary.
 
 
Nicky had requested bright and modern:
 
 
 
 
Mary put her request in for black and white prints with brights:
 




And guess what....I didn't stop there....I also managed to get my June blocks done too.  Only because I'm jetting off on my hols at the beginning of June and want to get them posted off before I go! 

One of my Siblings Together quilts has been quilted too, I just need to hand stitch the binding on and then move onto the other one.  Ideally these need to be done before I go away too just so I can tick them off my list.

Phew......think I need a rest!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I am most impressed by your diligence!