Monday 21 January 2013

First finish of 2013




I feel like there should be some sort of fanfare as I have finally got round to doing some sewing and have something to show and tell!  This is the first finish of the new year but to be honest I pulled the fabrics out of my stash on Christmas eve.



A simple 5 inch square crib sized quilt which was a christening gift for a friend's son.  I enjoyed pulling the fabrics for this despite me thinking I didn't have any boy fabric!  I used a few FQs of Community Critters plus some solids in various shades of blue/green and brown.  Then to my amazement I even had something suitable for the binding - this came from my Pink Castle Stash club pack.  I even had enough solids to make a pieced back with a few of the 5 inch squares used on the front.

I am happy with it - I hope the parents and the little boy it was made for is too.  Now onto the next thing on my list - swoon blocks!



 

No comments: