Tuesday 8 May 2012

Siblings Together quilt progress


Well you can completely forget what I told you yesterday about what my quilt for Siblings Together was going to be like.  I had a plan then I went upstairs and the plan went completely out of the window!!!

Upon closer inspection of my stash I found some left over FQs of Patty Young's playdate range that I had used for a quilt for Digby last year.  I then found some solids that appeared to match and a whole lot of scraps leftover from the Wonky blocks quilt.  I didn't know what would happen but approx 2 hours later I ended up with 24 blocks made - some solid, some pattern, some very wonky and some simply pieced in a log cabin kind of stylie.

Each block measures just over 12"x12" and I am going with a 6x4 layout of said blocks.  Tonight I have been playing around with the final layout and I'm pretty sure that the finished quilt will look something like this.





I'm hoping to have this finished by the weekend and in the post early next week :o)

No comments: