Firstly I will apologise for the picture, it was taken on my phone as the charger for the 'proper' camera seems to have hidden itself away during the house move. One of my resolutions is to find it, pronto.
Another resolution was to get back on the sewing horse so to speak and so over the past couple of weekends whilst the children were playing I managed to piece, quilt and bind the pips quilt I've been dreaming of since last May. The top came together pretty quickly, just a couple of hours from start to finish with a few interruptions inbetween.
I've never used a jelly roll before but I absolutely love the ease of them having done this simple strip quilt. I think it might be the way forward for the few baby quilts I need to make this year for various friends. So much quicker than having to cut the strips like I have done for sashing and the like previously.
I used Kona Ash for the backing, just a solid piece without any scrappy border, and a piece of Sherbet Pips was used for the binding - pictures to follow!
The 'doggy' quilt as it has been named by Stingo was well received and a little girl is very happy with it, in fact she is fast asleep under it right now.
Plus it must be OK as both my husband and Mum have said they like it! Praise indeed :o)