Monday 2 April 2012

Kind(le) of in love



A spot of Saturday sewing and one Kindle case complete. I bought a couple of half yards of Echo by Lotta Jansdotter a while back when they were on offer from Mandy at Simply Solids. I wanted more but unfortunately they had sold out but, very kindly, Mandy threw in an extra piece of the scattered pods in the green colourway. I used a bit of this with the grey pods to add more detail to the case. Inside I went with the brown colourway of the sketchy lines.
The Kindle was a pressie for Mother's day last month - I'm a big reader and get through loads of books, far too many to count. In fact when we moved last October I had a very hard decision to make which resulted in me taking approx 250 books to the charity shop, not to mention the many bags of books that made their way onto my colleague's bookshelves. With this Kindle I now won't have to make that sacrifice again!
I totally winged making the case based on a phone case I made a while back. I know that there are many tutorials out there but I sort of went with the flow and to my amazement the Kindle fits in there perfectly.
Happy days!

No comments: