Thursday 5 April 2012

Hoot 2 - complete

Another quilt completed at the weekend and now safe in my niece's hands, I did manage to part with it yesterday, just.



This fabric collection has to be one of my all time favourites and I still have managed to keep quite a stash of it. In fact, I might just add some more to it as I know a couple of online shops have it on sale right now. I love the mix of colours and prints. Have I mentioned that I love this fabric?? ;o)



I backed it in a plain cotton in a turquoise and quilted some simple straight lines either side of the seams. I was going to go full on and quilt either side of each and every seam but in the end I didn't (have time!).
The final size was 54x 76 inches or there abouts. Perfect for a snuggle on the sofa and for chucking on the bed as an extra layer when it gets nippy - just like this week.
1 more project on the go at the moment - yet another quilt for one of my girlies. Plus I have to make a huge quilt as a wedding pressie for my SIL using Tanya Whelan's 'Delilah'. I've got the fabric and a few ideas as my SIL has specified a pink and green and vintage theme, not my ususal style or choice so it should be interesting over the next couple of months. Watch this space!

No comments: