Thursday 4 April 2013

Siblings Together 2013

 
 
Last year I made a quilt for Siblings Together like many others did.  This year I have decided to do it again but I wanted to make 2 this time round.
 
So last night I raided my stash to see if I had anything I could use as inspiration.  The sewing was completely off the cuff, not planned and that is how I decided to go with the quilt too.  I came across a bag of Reunion bits and pieces left over from my husband's quilt from last summer which I then teamed with various solids and a couple of prints from the stash.
 
After an hour or so I had this:
 
 

 
 
 
Another hour or so this morning and I have a finished top measuring 53 x 47 inches.  
 
 
 
 
Now I've said before that I don't do 'boy' very well but I'm really pleased with how this has turned out and hopefully it will make someone else happy.
 



 With the boy top done I quickly whizzed on to the next quilt top.  I have loads of girly prints and pinks etc in my stash but I know that there are some girls who might not be pink and frilly.  Ages ago I had bought a couple of Moda scrap bags in Happy Daisy and had started to sew them together in a simple stripe.  Then I had left it.

Until today....


Whilst it looked OK initially I soon realised why I had left it - being a scrap bag the pieces were only about 28 inches or so long, far too narrow for a quilt!  By chance I had a couple of yards of solid blue which matched some of the blue in the prints and so I added a 6 inch border all the way round.  It now measures 63 x 41 inches and it a bit more useable as a quilt.


Here it is:


Now I have 3 quilts waiting for wadding and quilting, unfortunately that's the bit I don't really enjoy.

No comments: